The working strategy document of the PULSE PANEL 2016 to 2019
The Pulse Panel is made up Growers, trade and industry representatives. Meeting twice each year its’ purpose is to give guidance and priority to the PGRO for the expenditure of Pulse Levy in the pursuit of grower led objectives concerning the production of combinable pulse crops.
By partnering with growers, other science and research organisations, and by collaborating with commercial industry, PGRO works to leverage additional resources and access EU and UK funds to compliment the levy contributions to deliver maximum effect.
The 5 key priorities identified by the Pulse Panel are as follows.
- Deliver YIELD STABILITY by understanding and quantifying the influencing factors and providing recommendations to ensure its realisation.
- SOIL HEALTH and plant and soil biological interactions greatly influence pulse crops. Provide recommendations for remedial actions and the delivery of soil health improvement.
- Deliver CROP NUTRITION plans for modern production techniques providing recommendations for optimum performance.
- ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE will influence future cropping techniques. Deliver recommendations for growing in a changing environment.
- LEGISLATION UPDATES: To provide relevant information which can be used to impact and promote production and consumption