Latest PGRO Release ...
PGRO Crop Update: 14.08.14
Jim Scrimshaw, PGRO Principal Technical Officer, advises on drying and storage of combining peas and field beans this season ...
The quality standard for peas, ex farm is usually 14% MC (moisture content) and 2% impurities - or a combination of the two should not exceed 16%.
The relatively large seed size of peas makes drying more difficult than with cereals. Whilst damaged peas are still acceptable for compounding, mouldy produce is not. [continue reading ...]
|Tweets by @pgroresearch|